When Cosmopolitan isn't running the exact same "50 Ways to Touch Him There" article each month, they have some great ideas on how to get ahead in work!
According to them, these 8 mistakes could be costing you your dream job (and you wouldn't even realize it):
1. Tweeting like a 12 year old. Cus like, wen u cant use grammer & spelling like an adult, #uwontgetanadultjob
2. Asking mommy and daddy for help. Do they know someone in the field you're in? Cool, have them send a quick email on your behalf. But immediately follow up with your own message to show you're independent and able to handle your own career.
3. Overselling yourself. Sure, we all look for ways to pad our resumes. That's our chance to brag! But showing off that you're familiar with MS Office? So is the employer's 6 year old. Find something more impressive.
4. You were too nice. They're not your best friend, they're your potential employer. Keep the interview professional.
5. You bring all your crap into the interview. Went on a shopping spree before the interview? Keep the bags in your car. Or maybe wait until you have that income secured before you go on a shopping spree.
6. You love the perks, but not the position. When they ask why you want to work for the company, don't say "I heard about the great bonuses at the end of the year!"
7. You showed off your designer labels. Oooh you have a Michael Kors bag? Awesome. How does that prove your skills for the job?
8. You spoke too soon. Think you have the job? Wait until you're out of earshot to call your BFF and tell her. Otherwise you'll come off as too cocky. And PS - why would you use your cell phone while at the interview anyway???
PS - Once you land the job, don't read Cosmo at your desk. Like I do.