This week, Disney launched a new 'sexier' version of their princess Merida from the movie Brave. After a downpour of criticism, Disney has decided to pull this new Merida and continue to use the one we all recognize from the movie.
I'm glad that people are beginning to speak out against some of the "role models" shown to our kids. With a target demographic of children ages 5-10, why would Disney need a vamped-up Merida?! I can't think of a more beautiful role model than the driven, youthful, creative and out-spoken original Merida we have all come to love.
So what's more Brave?
Image used from petition found on change.org
1. They have no shame in walking around without their pants on.
2. They have a tendancy to fall asleep on/in/around toilets.
3. It always takes more than one try to acurately feed themselves.
4. They insist on falling asleep whenever and whereever they want.
5. Impulse control
6. Ending up in places they can never explain.
7. Making every sleeping position comfortable.
He was the heart-throb of the summer olympics and how he is taking over reality TV. What do you think about the latest reality TV show on E! "What Woul Ryan Lochte Do?" - funny or an embarrassment to our olympic team?